Buying a Yacht to Refit
If you do not want to wait two to three years that is necessary with a new construction you may be interested in purchasing a brokerage yacht and then customising either the interior/exterior or both to your own tastes and requirements. Our expert team have a wealth of experience in building and refitting yachts and work regularly with shipyards worldwide.
MYS can offer the following services
• Assistance with all the aspects of sourcing and purchasing a yacht for potential refit.
• The sourcing and Introduction of the top naval architects, interior designers and refit yard into the project on behalf of the client.
• Project development including the preparation of the preliminary general arrangement, detailed specification, solicitation and review of refit yard proposals.
• Visiting selected refit yards and the evaluation of proposals and pricing.
• Cooperation with legal teams on the development of contract terms, insurance policies and scheduled payments
• Review and confirmation of refit plan and schedules
• Sectioning and appointment of specialist contractors
• Regular online reporting with controlled access for captains, project managers and owners via the MYS portal
• Consultation with refit yard in the avoidance of delays and the development of any reschedule plans.
• Purchasing and logistical assistance
• Class and flag state involvement
• Attendance and monitoring of any sea trials and systems commissioning
• Technical summery on completion
• Post refit service, support and warranty